- Promote knowledge about Irish culture, history and society , and provide an insight into current developments in Ireland in order to increase the understanding and enthusiasm for Ireland and its people.
- Encourage personal contacts between Irish and German, particularly in a European context.
How do we do that?
- We organise lectures, book readings, concerts and movie evenings as well as visits to local museums, excursions and trips which are open to members and non-members alike.
- At our annual celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, during our shared trips and our festive advent coffee members, friends and other Ireland-enthusiasts meet in a relaxed atmosphere.
We don’t do that alone!
We are part of a network of other dedicated organisations that promote Irish culture in the Bonn region in many different ways. Amongst others, these are:
- The University of Bonn, notably the Department of Celtic Studies (Fachbereich Keltologie), but also other areas of study there
- The Studienhaus für keltische Sprachen und Kulturen (SKSK) in nearby Königswinter, which
offers not only courses in the Irish language, but also music workshops and cultural evenings
- other German-Irish societies, associations and organisations and the Embassy of Ireland in Berlin
By fostering school and university partnerships between German and Irish schools and universities we also aim to facilitate meetings between young people from the two countries in the true spirit of Europe.
Are you interested? Want to know more? Maybe even become a member?
Come and join us at one of our next events. Have a look at the planned events for this year here.
- You have further questions and/or requests? Contact us , we look forward to hearing from you!
- If you would like to become a member, please find our membership form here. Membership fees and any donations are tax deductible.